1. Presidential Scholarships:
|SAT Score*||GPA 3.00 - 3.24||GPA 3.25 - 3.49||GPA 3.50 - 3.74||GPA 3.75 - 4.00|
Scholarships based on ACT scores can be viewed here.
2. Valedictorian/Salutatorian Scholarships:
New freshmen starting at Emporia State who is named the Class Valedictorian or are ranked #1 in their class are eligible for a one time $500 award. Students who are named Class Salutatorian or are ranked #2 in their class are eligible for a one time $250 award. Scholarships will be awarded when final, official high school transcripts are received.
3. Transfer Scholarships:
Available for students with 24+ transferable credits completed. Please note that undergraduate students transferring credits from institutions outside the United States must complete a catalog match evaluation by Educational Perspectives before credits can be transferred.
|Cumulative GPA Based on 24+ Hours||Award Amount|
|3.75 - 4.00||$3,200|
|3.50 - 3.74||$2,600|
|3.25 - 3.49||$1,900|
|3.00 - 3.24||$1,700|
To be eligible for renewal of the Presidential or Transfer Scholarship, students must complete a total of 30 credit hours in the combined fall, spring, and trailing summer semesters while maintaining a 3.0 or higher GPA. Renewal amounts are the same as the original award amounts.
5. Sunflower Scholarship:
The Sunflower Scholarship is a renewable $5,000 scholarship available to full-time students who are not eligible for reduced tuition based on geographic location. Students attending ESU on international partnership agreements are not eligible. Full-time students are classified as students taking 12 credit hours or more. For full Sunflower Scholarship eligibility, 10 of these hours must be on-campus classes.
New, first-time freshman international students are eligible if they have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
New transfer international students are eligible if they have at least 24 transferable credit hours and have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
The Sunflower Scholarship can be renewed for a total of six subsequent semesters after the first year for freshman students and two subsequent semesters after the first year for transfer students as long as the student completes at least 12 credit hours and earns a 2.0 GPA or higher.
6. International Ambassador Scholarship:
The International Ambassador Scholarship is intended to recognize outstanding student leaders. As an International ambassador, you won’t only be a leader in the ESU community, you will also serve as a representative of your country and support new students and the OIE office as a whole.
Scholarships are worth $400 per semester and will be applied to your student account.
Number of Scholarships:
Up to 12 scholarships
Applicants must be:
- A self-funded full-time degree-seeking student (all countries are welcome to apply)
- Earned at least 12 credits hours at ESU
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Recipients must be able to support Orientation and attend training sessions
- Demonstrate past leadership experience
Application: Submit the application form, unofficial transcript, and 3 references to the Office of International Education by March 15
Duties and Responsibilities:
Applicants are expected to be active representatives for the University during New Student Orientation, engage with all new international students and assist with select program events throughout the semester.
- Attend 2 Orientation Training sessions on Friday, May 10th and Monday, August 12. Training is currently a tentative schedule and will be 4-8 hours long.
- Lead a group of international students during Fall 2019 International Orientation August 13-18.
- Assist in OIE hosted events 20 hours per semester, including but not limited to: logistical event planning, marketing, and outreach, event set-up and tear down.