You are required to have health insurance for each semester in which you are enrolled. Having health insurance is required. However, you do not necessarily have to use the student health plan. Please read the following information to determine whether you are eligible to waive the student health plan. Please submit your waiver request through ECI using the instructions on this page.
WHO CAN REQUEST A WAIVER?
- Students who already have insurance IF that insurance meets the minimum requirements, as established by the Kansas Board of Regents
- Student who are studying online in their home country*
- Students who have come to Emporia as part of a sponsored program that includes insurance coverage.
- Students who are coming to ESU as part of a short term program
*Students cannot legally study exclusively online while in the United States. If you are in the United States, you must comply with enrollment requirements, including face-to-face enrollment requirements.
Please email Mrs. Chie Austin ( email@example.com ) for questions about enrollment requirements for International Students.
HOW TO REQUEST A WAIVER THROUGH ECI
If you do not need the UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR) insurance plan, you must do the following:
- Set up an account with ECI Services using the link they provide you.
- Log into your ECI Services account to go to the waiver portal administered by ECI Services.
- Enter your insurance information on the Waiver Form and upload a copy of the front and back sides of your insurance card.
- Waiver requests will be accepted and processed by ECI Services only during the designated insurance waiver processing dates listed below.
If you have questions regarding waivers, please contact ECI Services
If you have questions regarding waivers, please contact ECI Services on behalf of Emporia State University at this toll free number (dedicated to ESU) – 833.249.0574 You are welcome to call this number with help submitting waivers or any other customer service needs you have. You can also contact them via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DATES TO WAIVE INSURANCEYou can only submit a waiver request during a specific window of time for each semester
|Semester||Beginning Date||End Date|
|Summer 2021||April 14||June 1|
|Fall 2021||June 30||August 25|